The Irrational “War on Inflation”: Why Inflation Targeting is Both Socially Unacceptable and Economically Untenable
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Global Dynamic Systems in its series GDSC Working Papers with number 001.
Date of creation: Mar 2008
Date of revision:
inflation targeting; war on inflation; social consequences; monetary policy; reserve bank; growth-inflation curve;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O56 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Oceania
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2008-08-06 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2008-08-06 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2008-08-06 (Post Keynesian Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Graeme Donald Snooks, 2008.
"Australia'S Long-Run Economic Strategy, Performance, And Policy: A New Dynamic Perspective,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 27(3), pages 208-232, 09.
- Graeme Snooks, 2008. "Australia’s Longrun Economic Strategy, Performance, and Policy: A New Dynamic Perspective," GDSC Working Papers 002, Institute of Global Dynamic Systems.
- Graeme Donald Snooks, 2009. "Climate Mitigation or Technological Revolution? A Critical Choice of Futures," GDSC Working Papers 010, Institute of Global Dynamic Systems.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Drew Treasure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.