A simple model of aggregate pension expenditure
AbstractThis paper develops a simple model that can be used to analyze the long-term sustainability of the contributive pension system and the steady-state response of pension expenditure to changes in some key demographic and economic variables, in the characteristics of the average pensioner and in the parameters that describe how pensions are calculated in Spain as a function of workers' Social Security contribution histories.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 871.11.
Date of creation: 26 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
pensions; sustainability; Spain;
Other versions of this item:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-05-07 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2011-05-07 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas & Sergio Puente, 2006.
"Modeling the impact of aging on social security expenditures,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Occasional Papers
0601, Banco de Espa�a.
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Rojas, Juan A. & Puente, Sergio, 2008. "Modelling the impact of aging on social security expenditures," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 201-224, March.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Doménech, 2011.
"The Impact of Spanish Pension Reform on Expenditure: a Quick Estimate,"
542, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2011. "The impact of Spanish pension reform on expenditure.A quick estimate," Working Papers 1112, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Adolfo Albo & Juan Luis Ordaz Diaz, 2011. "La Migracion en Arizona y los efectos de la nueva Ley "SB-1070"," Working Papers 1116, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2011.
"The impact of Spanish pension reform on expenditure.A quick estimate,"
1112, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Doménech, 2011. "The Impact of Spanish Pension Reform on Expenditure: a Quick Estimate," Working Papers 542, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.