AbstractThis document contains lecture notes for a first year graduate course in econometrics, with coverage of basic topics such as OLS and hypothesis testing, through maximum likelihood and GMM, nonlinear models, time series, panel data, Bayesian methods, simulation-based methods, and other topics. The document contains numerous embedded links to example scripts and data, which illustrate the topics. The document is accompanied by a live operating system image that can be run using virtualization software on any of the popular operating systems, so that all examples can be accessed quickly and easily. The document and accompanying software are free: all sources are available under the GNU GPL.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 575.03.
Date of creation: 30 May 2003
Date of revision: 12 Feb 2013
Econometrics lecture notes; open source;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Creel & Dennis Kristensen, 2011.
"Indirect likelihood inference,"
558, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Michael Creel & Dennis Kristensen, 2011. "Indirect likelihood inference," UFAE and IAE Working Papers, Unitat de Fonaments de l'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (UAB) and Institut d'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (CSIC) 874.11, Unitat de Fonaments de l'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (UAB) and Institut d'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (CSIC).
- Creel, Michael & Kristensen, Dennis, 2011. "Indirect Likelihood Inference," Dynare Working Papers 8, CEPREMAP.
- Lavan Mahadeva & Javier GÃ³mez Pineda, 2009.
"The international cycle and Colombian monetary policy,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
005406, BANCO DE LA REPÃšBLICA.
- Lavan Mahadeva & Javier GÃ³mez Pineda, . "The international cycle and Colombian monetary policy," Borradores de Economia 557, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- L. Pozzi & F. Heylen & M. Dossche, 2002. "Government debt and the excess sensitivity of private consumption to current income: an empirical analysis for OECD countries," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration 02/155, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.