Long-Term and Short-Term Labour Contracts Versus Long-Term and Short-Term Financial Contracts
AbstractThis paper has three objectives: first to analyze the interaction between the basic internal contracts that shape the firm (labour and financial contracts). In particular we show how their temporal dimension are related. The linkage between firm's internal contracts and the project choice (short-term or long-term) is the second objective of our study. Finally, we check how sensitive are the type of financial intermediary (banks or markets) to the relations previously studied. These results allow us to rationalize several facts to characterize the US-UK financial system and the German-Japanese one. Finally, as a direct implication our theoretical model, some empirical tests are proposed which are particularly relevant to describe some features of the Spanish economy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 386.97.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
PRODUCTION ; CONTRACTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.