Intertemporal Price Discrimination in Frictionless Durable Goods Monopolies
AbstractIn this note we show that playsible differences in quality and production costs of durables and non-durables necessariloy lead to the sale of a product mix in the market over time.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 352.96.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
PRODUCTION; MONOPOLIES; DURABLE GOODS;
Other versions of this item:
- Kuhn, Kai-Uwe, 1998. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination in Frictionless Durable Goods Monopolies," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 101-14, March.
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tian Xia & Richard Sexton, 2010. "Brand or Variety Choices and Periodic Sales as Substitute Instruments for Monopoly Price Discrimination," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 333-349, June.
- Goering, Gregory E., 2007. "Durability choice with differentiated products," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 105-112, June.
- Eric Avenel & Sebastien Mitraille, 2004.
"Strategic Delays of Delivery, Market Separation and Demand Discrimination,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
04/112, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Mitraille, Sebastien & Eric Avenel, 2003. "Strategic delays of delivery, market separation and demand discrimination," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 155, Royal Economic Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.