Investment Incentives of a Regulated Dominant Firm
AbstractWe study the investment incentives of a regulated, incumbent firm in a deregulation process. The regular cannot commit to a long-term regulatory policy, and investment decisions are taken before optimal regulatory policies are imposed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 340.96.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
INVESTMENTS; REGULATION; DECISION MAKING;
Other versions of this item:
- Biglaiser, Gary & Ma, Ching-To Albert, 1999. "Investment Incentives of a Regulated Dominant Firm," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 215-35, November.
- Gary Biglaiser & Ching-to Albert Ma, 1996. "Investment Incentives of a Regulated Dominant Firm," Papers 0067, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Biglaiser, G. & Ma, C.A., 1996. "Investment Incentives of a Regulated Dominant Firm," Papers 67, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- João Vareda, 2007.
"Unbundling and Incumbent Investment in Quality Upgrades and Cost Reduction,"
31, Portuguese Competition Authority.
- Vareda, João, 2007. "Unbundling and Incumbent Investment in Quality Upgrades and Cost Reduction," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp526, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Ma, Ching-to Albert, 2004. "Public rationing and private cost incentives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 333-352, January.
- Debande, Olivier, 2001. "Deregulating and privatizing statutory monopolies," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 111-137.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.