Ralative Income Determination in the United States: A Social Accounting Perspective
AbstractThe disaggregated nature of a social accounting matrix makes it a suitable tool for studying the income generation process and its distributional effects. Using the linear structure of a social accounting matrix, a model for distributional analysis is developed. The proposed approach emphasizes the functional determinants of relative incomes and the underlying structural features of income distribution and redistribution. Copyright 1992 by The International Association for Research in Income and Wealth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 188.92.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
income ; economic models;
Other versions of this item:
- Roland-Holst, David W & Sancho, Ferran, 1992. "Relative Income Determination in the United States: A Social Accounting Perspective," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 38(3), pages 311-27, September.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Willem Thorbecke, . "Who Pays for Disinflation? Disinflationary Monetary Policy and the Distribution of Income," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_38, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Willem Thorbecke, 1997. "Disinflationary Monetary Policy and the Distribution of Income," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_185, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Temel, Tugrul, 2011. "Family planning, growth and income distribution in Rwanda: SAM multiplier and graph-theoretic path analysis," MPRA Paper 31394, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roland-Holst, David & Tarp, Finn, 2003. "Globalization, Economic Reform, and Structural Price Transmission: SAM Decomposition Techniques with an empirical application to Vietnam," MPRA Paper 29367, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Willem Thorbecke, 1999.
"Further Evidence on the Distributional Effects of Disinflationary Monetary Policy,"
- Willem Thorbecke, 1999. "Further Evidence on the Distributional Effects of Disinflationary Monetary Policy," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_264, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Bianca Poti`, 2009.
"Measuring Intersectoral Knowledge Spillovers: An Application Of Sensitivity Analysis To Italy,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 409-436.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Bianca Potì, 2007. "Measuring Intersectoral Knowledge Spillovers: an Application of Sensitivity Analysis to Italy," CERIS Working Paper 200711, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Christian A. Emini & Hippolyte Fofack, 2004. "A financial social accounting matrix for the integrated macroeconomic model for poverty analysis : application to Cameroon with a fixed-price multiplier analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3219, The World Bank.
- Willem Thorbeck, 1997. "Disinflationary Monetary Policy and the Distribution of Income," Macroeconomics 9711008, EconWPA.
- Rocchi, Benedetto & Romano, Donato & Hamza, Raid, 2013.
"Agriculture reform and food crisis in Syria: Impacts on poverty and inequality,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 190-203.
- Benedetto Rocchi & Donato Romano & Raid Hamza, 2012. "Agriculture Reform and Food Crisis in Syria: Impacts on Poverty and Inequality," Working Papers - Economics wp2012_19.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- De Miguel Vélez, F.J. & Manresa Sánchez, A., 2004. "Modelos SAM lineales y distribución de renta: una aplicación para la economía extremeña," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 22, pages 1-22, Diciembre.
- Francisco Javier de Miguel Velez & Jesus Perez-Mayo, 2006. "Linear SAM models for inequality changes analysis: an application to the Extremadurian economy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(20), pages 2393-2403.
- Rocchi, Benedetto & Romano, Donato & Stefani, Gianluca, 2002. "Agriculture and Income Distribution: Insights from a SAM of the Italian Economy," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24919, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Benedetto Rocchi & Donato Romano & Gianluca Stefani, 2005. "Distributive impacts of alternative agricultural policies: A SAM-based analysis for Italy," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 77, pages 85-112.
- Temel, Tugrul, 2011.
"Family size, human capital and growth: structural path analysis of Rwanda,"
31741, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tugrul Temel, 2013. "Family Size, Human Capital And Growth: Structural Path Analysis Of Rwanda," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 39-73, December.
- Sanjaya Acharya, 2007. "Flow Structure in Nepal and the Benefit to the Poor," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(17), pages 1-14.
- Gabriel Katz & Héctor Pastori & Pedro Barrenechea, 2004. "Construcción de una Matriz de Contabilidad Social para Uruguay para el año 2000," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 2004, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Maria Teresa Rubio Sanz & Juan Vicente Perdiz, 2003. "SAM multipliers and inequality measurement," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(7), pages 397-400.
- Francisco Javier De Miguel & Jesus Perez-Mayo, 2004. "Measuring inequality in a region: a SAM approach," ERSA conference papers ersa04p237, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.