Unknown Heterogeneity, the EC-EM Algorithm, and Large T Approximation
AbstractWe study a panel structure with n subjects/entities being observed over T periods. We consider a class of models for each subject's data generating precess, and allow the unknown heterogeneity. In other words, we do not know many types we have, what the types are, and which subjects belong to each type. We propose a large T approximation to the posterior mode on the unknows through the Estimation/Classification (EC) algorithm of El-Gamal and Grether (1995) which is linear in n,T, and the unknown number of types.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems in its series Working papers with number 9622.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON, SOCIAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE(S.S.R.I.), MADISON WISCONSIN 53706 U.S.A.
ECONOMETRICS; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isaac C. Rischall, . "The Effect of Migration on Earnings and Welfare Benefit Receipt," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 28, McMaster University.
- repec:att:wimass:9703 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ailsenne Sumwalt).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.