Ethical issues relating to the use of the Internet and the implications for managers and business practice
AbstractWhen we address the topic of ethical issues on the Internet we are generally referring at two different matters: privacy and intellectual property. Each has been examined extensively in the last five years, since the Internet explosive intrusion in everyday life activities, each has an important number of sub fields that require special attention from managers and other business professionals. The purpose of this paper is to make a short presentation of most relevant developments pertaining Internet ethical issues in direct connection with the business world.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Academy of Economic Studies, School of Marketing in its series working papers with number 1002.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2001
Date of revision: Apr 2006
Publication status: Forthcoming in Marketing Working Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.edumark.ase.ro
ethics; etica; libel; trademark; patent; defamation; privacy; spam; Internet; personal information;
Other versions of this item:
- Mihai Orzan, 2006. "Ethical issues relating to the use of the Internet and the implications for managers and business practice," working papers 1005, Academy of Economic Studies, School of Marketing, revised Apr 2007.
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-ICT-2006-04-01 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-LAW-2006-04-01 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2006-04-01 (Marketing)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mihai Orzan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.