Imbalance attractors for a strategic model of market microstructure
AbstractIn this paper we extend the series of our studies on the properties of an interacting particle model for market microstructure. In our earlier work we defined a Markov process on the majority opinion of the agents, obtained the transition probabilities and analyzed the martingale properties of the ensuing wealth process. Here we relax the assumption on the choices of individual agents by allowing mixed strategies, offering opportunities for the agents to gain intermediate submartingale exposure for their individual wealth processes. We develop a novel two-dimensional spin system to model the critical regions of the wealth process as a reflection of the agents' behaviors. We exhibit strategic conflicts between individual market participants and the market as a whole, and identify a new source of uncertainty arising from `reinforced expectations'.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number math/0605421.
Date of creation: May 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taisei Kaizoji & Stefan Bornholdt & Yoshi Fujiwara, 2002.
"Dynamics of price and trading volume in a spin model of stock markets with heterogeneous agents,"
- Kaizoji, Taisei & Bornholdt, Stefan & Fujiwara, Yoshi, 2002. "Dynamics of price and trading volume in a spin model of stock markets with heterogeneous agents," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 316(1), pages 441-452.
- Challet, Damien, 2008.
"Inter-pattern speculation: Beyond minority, majority and $-games,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 85-100, January.
- Damien Challet, 2005. "Inter-pattern speculation: beyond minority, majority and $-games," Finance 0503006, EconWPA.
- Renault, Jérôme & Scarlatti, Sergio & Scarsini, Marco, 2005.
"A folk theorem for minority games,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/6223, Paris Dauphine University.
- Lux, T. & M. Marchesi, . "Scaling and Criticality in a Stochastic Multi-Agent Model of a Financial Market," Discussion Paper Serie B 438, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Jul 1998.
- Masanao Aoki, 2000. "Cluster Size Distribution of Economics Agents of Many Types in Market," UCLA Economics Online Papers 102, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Majka, Arkadiusz & Wiślicki, Wojciech, 2004. "Statistical thermodynamics for choice models on graphs," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 337(3), pages 645-663.
- Ted Theodosopoulos & Ming Yuen, 2005. "Properties of the wealth process in a market microstructure model," Papers math/0502105, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2005.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.