A Fast Algorithm for Computing High-dimensional Risk Parity Portfolios
AbstractIn this paper we propose a cyclical coordinate descent (CCD) algorithm for solving high dimensional risk parity problems. We show that this algorithm converges and is very fast even with large covariance matrices (n > 500). Comparison with existing algorithms also shows that it is one of the most efficient algorithms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1311.4057.
Date of creation: Nov 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Griveau-Billion, Théophile & Richard, Jean-Charles & Roncalli, Thierry, 2013. "A Fast Algorithm for Computing High-dimensional Risk Parity Portfolios," MPRA Paper 49822, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2013-11-22 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2013-11-22 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roncalli, Thierry, 2013. "Introducing Expected Returns into Risk Parity Portfolios: A New Framework for Tactical and Strategic Asset Allocation," MPRA Paper 49821, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruder, Benjamin & Roncalli, Thierry, 2012. "Managing risk exposures using the risk budgeting approach," MPRA Paper 37246, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roncalli, Thierry, 2013.
"Introduction to Risk Parity and Budgeting,"
47679, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Teiletche, Jérôme & Roncalli, Thierry & Maillard, Sébastien, 2010. "The properties of equally-weighted risk contributions portfolios," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4688, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jerome H. Friedman & Trevor Hastie & Rob Tibshirani, . "Regularization Paths for Generalized Linear Models via Coordinate Descent," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 33(i01).
- Cazalet, Zelia & Grison, Pierre & Roncalli, Thierry, 2013. "The Smart Beta Indexing Puzzle," MPRA Paper 48823, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.