Arbitrage and Duality in Nondominated Discrete-Time Models
AbstractWe consider a nondominated model of a discrete-time financial market where stocks are traded dynamically and options are available for static hedging. In a general measure-theoretic setting, we show that absence of arbitrage in a quasi-sure sense is equivalent to the existence of a suitable family of martingale measures. In the arbitrage-free case, we show that optimal superhedging strategies exist for general contingent claims, and that the minimal superhedging price is given by the supremum over the martingale measures. Moreover, we obtain a nondominated version of the Optional Decomposition Theorem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1305.6008.
Date of creation: May 2013
Date of revision: Feb 2014
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beatrice Acciaio & Mathias Beiglb\"ock & Friedrich Penkner & Walter Schachermayer, 2013. "A model-free version of the fundamental theorem of asset pricing and the super-replication theorem," Papers 1301.5568, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013.
- Marcel Nutz & Jianfeng Zhang, 2012. "Optimal Stopping under Adverse Nonlinear Expectation and Related Games," Papers 1212.2140, arXiv.org.
- Marcel Nutz & H. Mete Soner, 2010. "Superhedging and Dynamic Risk Measures under Volatility Uncertainty," Papers 1011.2958, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2012.
- Kramkov, D.O., 1994. "Optional decomposition of supermartingales and hedging contingent claims in incomplete security markets," Discussion Paper Serie B 294, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Breeden, Douglas T & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1978. "Prices of State-contingent Claims Implicit in Option Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 621-51, October.
- Alexander Cox & Jan Obłój, 2011. "Robust pricing and hedging of double no-touch options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 573-605, September.
- Cousot, Laurent, 2007. "Conditions on option prices for absence of arbitrage and exact calibration," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3377-3397, November.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Working Papers hal-00790001, HAL.
- David G. Hobson, 1998. "Robust hedging of the lookback option," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347.
- Peter Carr & Katrina Ellis & Vishal Gupta, 1998. "Static Hedging of Exotic Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1165-1190, 06.
- Ariel Neufeld & Marcel Nutz, 2012. "Superreplication under Volatility Uncertainty for Measurable Claims," Papers 1208.6486, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Haydyn Brown & David Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 2001. "Robust Hedging of Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 285-314.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Papers 1302.4854, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Marcel Nutz, 2013. "Superreplication under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time," Papers 1301.3227, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2014.
- Yan Dolinsky & H. Mete Soner, 2013. "Robust Hedging with Proportional Transaction Costs," Papers 1302.0590, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2013.
- J. Jacod & A.N. Shiryaev, 1998. "Local martingales and the fundamental asset pricing theorems in the discrete-time case," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 259-273.
- Hans Buehler, 2006. "Expensive martingales," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 207-218.
- Yan Dolinsky, 2013. "Hedging of Game Options under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time," Papers 1304.3574, arXiv.org.
- Dylan Possama\"i & Guillaume Royer & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "On the Robust superhedging of measurable claims," Papers 1302.1850, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2013.
- Marcel Nutz, 2013. "Utility Maximization under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time," Papers 1307.3597, arXiv.org.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Yu-Jui Huang & Zhou Zhou, 2013. "On hedging American options under model uncertainty," Papers 1309.2982, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2014.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Zhou Zhou, 2013. "On utility maximization with derivatives under model uncertainty," Papers 1307.4813, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.