Risk Measure Estimation On Fiegarch Processes
AbstractWe consider the Fractionally Integrated Exponential Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity process, denoted by FIEGARCH(p,d,q), introduced by Bollerslev and Mikkelsen (1996). We present a simulated study regarding the estimation of the risk measure $VaR_p$ on FIEGARCH processes. We consider the distribution function of the portfolio log-returns (univariate case) and the multivariate distribution function of the risk-factor changes (multivariate case). We also compare the performance of the risk measures $VaR_p$, $ES_p$ and MaxLoss for a portfolio composed by stocks of four Brazilian companies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1305.5238.
Date of creation: May 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-06-04 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2013-06-04 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-RMG-2013-06-04 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim & Ole Mikkelsen, Hans, 1996.
"Modeling and pricing long memory in stock market volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 151-184, July.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Bollerslev-Mikkelson(1996) FIEGARCH models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00173, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Ruiz, Esther & Veiga, Helena, 2008.
"Modelling long-memory volatilities with leverage effect: A-LMSV versus FIEGARCH,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 2846-2862, February.
- Esther Ruiz & Helena Veiga, 2006. "Modelling Long-Memory Volatilities With Leverage Effect: Almsv Versus Fiegarch," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws066016, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.