No-Arbitrage Pricing for Dividend-Paying Securities in Discrete-Time Markets with Transaction Costs
AbstractWe prove a version of First Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing under transaction costs for discrete-time markets with dividend-paying securities. Specifically, we show that the no-arbitrage condition under the efficient friction assumption is equivalent to the existence of a risk-neutral measure. We derive dual representations for the superhedging ask and subhedging bid price processes of a derivative contract. Our results are illustrated with a vanilla credit default swap contract.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1205.6254.
Date of creation: May 2012
Date of revision: Jun 2013
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kabanov, Yuri & Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel, 2012.
"Consistent price systems and arbitrage opportunities of the second kind in models with transaction costs,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/9714, Paris Dauphine University.
- Emmanuel Denis & Yuri Kabanov, 2012. "Consistent price systems and arbitrage opportunities of the second kind in models with transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 135-154, January.
- Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel & Kabanov, Yuri, 2012. "Consistent Price Systems and Arbitrage Opportunities of the Second Kind in Models with Transaction Costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4652, Paris Dauphine University.
- Paolo Guasoni & Emmanuel Lépinette & Miklós Rásonyi, 2012. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 741-777, October.
- Bouchard, Bruno & Touzi, Nizar, 2000. "Explicit Solution of the Multivariate Super-Replication Problem under Transaction Costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1533, Paris Dauphine University.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Bouchard, Bruno, 2006. "No-arbitrage in discrete-time markets with proportional transaction costs and general information structure," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1850, Paris Dauphine University.
- HuyËn Pham & Nizar Touzi & Jaksa Cvitanic, 1999. "A closed-form solution to the problem of super-replication under transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 35-54.
- Dimitri De Vallière & Yuri Kabanov & Christophe Stricker, 2007. "No-arbitrage criteria for financial markets with transaction costs and incomplete information," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 237-251, April.
- Kallal, Hedi & Jouini, Elyès, 1995. "Martingales and arbitrage in securities markets with transaction costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5630, Paris Dauphine University.
- J. Jacod & A.N. Shiryaev, 1998. "Local martingales and the fundamental asset pricing theorems in the discrete-time case," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 259-273.
- Jouini Elyes & Kallal Hedi, 1995. "Martingales and Arbitrage in Securities Markets with Transaction Costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 178-197, June.
- repec:fth:inseep:9513 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.