Optimal Portfolio Choice for a Behavioural Investor in Continuous-Time Markets
AbstractThe aim of this work consists in the study of the optimal investment strategy for a behavioural investor, whose preference towards risk is described by both a probability distortion and an S-shaped utility function. Within a continuous-time financial market framework and assuming that asset prices are modelled by semimartingales, we derive sufficient and necessary conditions for the well-posedness of the optimisation problem in the case of piecewise-power probability distortion and utility functions. Finally, under straightforwardly verifiable conditions, we further demonstrate the existence of an optimal strategy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1202.0628.
Date of creation: Feb 2012
Date of revision: Apr 2013
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-02-15 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2012-02-15 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Carlier, Guillaume, 2011. "Optimal Demand for Contingent Claims when Agents have law Invariant Utilities," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2317, Paris Dauphine University.
- Hanqing Jin & Xun Yu Zhou, 2008. "Behavioral Portfolio Selection In Continuous Time," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 385-426.
- Bernard, Carole & Ghossoub, Mario, 2009. "Static Portfolio Choice under Cumulative Prospect Theory," MPRA Paper 15446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. " Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Robert Kast & André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2008. "Updating Choquet Integrals , Consequentialism and Dynamic Consistency," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 04-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Xue Dong He & Xun Yu Zhou, 2011. "Portfolio Choice Under Cumulative Prospect Theory: An Analytical Treatment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(2), pages 315-331, February.
- Berkelaar, A.B. & Kouwenberg, R.R.P., 2000.
"Optimal portfolio choice under loss aversion,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2000-08/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Mikl\'os R\'asonyi & Andrea Meireles Rodrigues, 2013. "Continuous-Time Portfolio Optimisation for a Behavioural Investor with Bounded Utility on Gains," Papers 1309.0362, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.