Continuous Equilibrium in Affine and Information-Based Capital Asset Pricing Models
AbstractWe consider a class of generalized capital asset pricing models in continuous time with a finite number of agents and tradable securities. The securities may not be sufficient to span all sources of uncertainty. If the agents have exponential utility functions and the individual endowments are spanned by the securities, an equilibrium exists and the agents' optimal trading strategies are constant. Affine processes, and the theory of information-based asset pricing are used to model the endogenous asset price dynamics and the terminal payoff. The derived semi-explicit pricing formulae are applied to numerically analyze the impact of the agents' risk aversion on the implied volatility of simultaneously-traded European-style options.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1201.1840.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision: Oct 2012
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garleanu, Nicolae Bogdan & Pedersen, Lasse Heje & Poteshman, Allen M, 2005.
"Demand-Based Option Pricing,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Duffie, J Darrell & Huang, Chi-fu, 1985. "Implementing Arrow-Debreu Equilibria by Continuous Trading of Few Long-lived Securities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1337-56, November.
- Ulrich Horst & Traian A. Pirvu & Gonçalo Dos Reis, 2010. "On Securitization, Market Completion and Equilibrium Risk Transfer," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2010-010, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Carmona, René & Fehr, Max & Hinz, Juri & Porchet, Arnaud, 2010. "Market Design for Emission Trading Schemes," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2267, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/2267 is not listed on IDEAS
- He, Hua & Leland, Hayne, 1993. "On Equilibrium Asset Price Processes," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 593-617.
- Andrea Macrina, 2008. "An Information-Based Framework for Asset Pricing: X-Factor Theory and its Applications," Papers 0807.2124, arXiv.org.
- Dorje C. Brody & Lane P. Hughston & Andrea Macrina, 2008. "Information-Based Asset Pricing," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(01), pages 107-142.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.