Optimal investment with intermediate consumption and random endowment
AbstractWe consider a problem of optimal investment with intermediate consumption and random endowment in an incomplete semimartingale model of a financial market. We establish the key assertions of the utility maximization theory assuming that both primal and dual value functions are finite in the interiors of their domains as well as that random endowment at maturity can be dominated by the terminal value of a self-financing wealth process. In order to facilitate verification of these conditions, we present alternative, but equivalent conditions, under which the conclusions of the theory hold.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1110.2573.
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision: Oct 2012
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Julien Hugonnier & Dmitry Kramkov, 2004. "Optimal investment with random endowments in incomplete markets," Papers math/0405293, arXiv.org.
- (**), Hui Wang & Jaksa Cvitanic & (*), Walter Schachermayer, 2001. "Utility maximization in incomplete markets with random endowment," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 259-272.
- Cuoco, Domenico, 1997. "Optimal Consumption and Equilibrium Prices with Portfolio Constraints and Stochastic Income," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 33-73, January.
- Gordan Zitkovic, 2005. "Utility Maximization with a Stochastic Clock and an Unbounded Random Endowment," Papers math/0503516, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.