Density Approximations for Multivariate Affine Jump-Diffusion Processes
AbstractWe introduce closed-form transition density expansions for multivariate affine jump-diffusion processes. The expansions rely on a general approximation theory which we develop in weighted Hilbert spaces for random variables which possess all polynomial moments. We establish parametric conditions which guarantee existence and differentiability of transition densities of affine models and show how they naturally fit into the approximation framework. Empirical applications in credit risk, likelihood inference, and option pricing highlight the usefulness of our expansions. The approximations are extremely fast to evaluate, and they perform very accurately and numerically stable.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1104.5326.
Date of creation: Apr 2011
Date of revision: Oct 2011
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- JosE Da Fonseca & Martino Grasselli & Claudio Tebaldi, 2008. "A multifactor volatility Heston model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 591-604.
- Ai[dieresis]t-Sahalia, Yacine & Yu, Jialin, 2006. "Saddlepoint approximations for continuous-time Markov processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 507-551, October.
- Matyas Barczy & Leif Doering & Zenghu Li & Gyula Pap, 2013. "Stationarity and ergodicity for an affine two factor model," Papers 1302.2534, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2013.
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George & Grynkiv, Iaryna, 2011.
"Realized Laplace transforms for estimation of jump diffusive volatility models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 367-381, October.
- Viktor Todorov & Iaryna Grynkiv & George Tauchen, 2010. "Realized Laplace Transforms for Estimation of Jump Diffusive Volatility Models," Working Papers 10-75, Duke University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.