AbstractWe construct a time-consistent sublinear expectation in the setting of volatility uncertainty. This mapping extends Peng's G-expectation by allowing the range of the volatility uncertainty to be stochastic. Our construction is purely probabilistic and based on an optimal control formulation with path-dependent control sets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1009.2168.
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision: Sep 2013
Publication status: Published in Annals of Applied Probability 2013, Vol. 23, No. 5, 1755-1777
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-25 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Epstein, Larry G. & Ji, Shaolin, 2014.
"Ambiguous volatility, possibility and utility in continuous time,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 269-282.
- Larry Epstein & Shaolin Ji, 2011. "Ambiguous Volatility, Possibility and Utility in Continuous Time," Papers, arXiv.org 1103.1652, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2013.
- Daniel Fernholz & Ioannis Karatzas, 2012. "Optimal arbitrage under model uncertainty," Papers, arXiv.org 1202.2999, arXiv.org.
- Marcel Nutz, 2014. "Robust Superhedging with Jumps and Diffusion," Papers, arXiv.org 1407.1674, arXiv.org.
- Tolulope Fadina & Frederik Herzberg, 2014. "Weak approximation of G-expectation," Working Papers, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics 503, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Marcel Nutz & Ramon van Handel, 2012. "Constructing Sublinear Expectations on Path Space," Papers, arXiv.org 1205.2415, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Alexander Munk, 2014. "Unanticipated Features of the Multidimensional $G$-Normal Distribution," Papers, arXiv.org 1407.5139, arXiv.org.
- Gordan Zitkovic, 2013. "Dynamic Programming for controlled Markov families: abstractly and over Martingale Measures," Papers, arXiv.org 1307.5163, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.