Quadratic Reflected BSDEs with Unbounded Obstacles
AbstractIn this paper, we analyze a real-valued reflected backward stochastic differential equation (RBSDE) with an unbounded obstacle and an unbounded terminal condition when its generator $f$ has quadratic growth in the $z$-variable. In particular, we obtain existence, comparison, and stability results, and consider the optimal stopping for quadratic $g$-evaluations. As an application of our results we analyze the obstacle problem for semi-linear parabolic PDEs in which the non-linearity appears as the square of the gradient. Finally, we prove a comparison theorem for these obstacle problems when the generator is convex or concave in the $z$-variable.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1005.3565.
Date of creation: May 2010
Date of revision: Mar 2011
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Yao, Song, 2012. "Quadratic reflected BSDEs with unbounded obstacles," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 122(4), pages 1155-1203.
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-29 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lepeltier, J. P. & San Martin, J., 1997. "Backward stochastic differential equations with continuous coefficient," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 425-430, April.
- Matoussi, Anis, 1997. "Reflected solutions of backward stochastic differential equations with continuous coefficient," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 347-354, June.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Yao, Song, 2011.
"Optimal stopping for non-linear expectations--Part I,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Yao, Song, 2011. "Optimal stopping for non-linear expectations--Part II," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 212-264, February.
- N. El Karoui & S. Peng & M. C. Quenez, 1997. "Backward Stochastic Differential Equations in Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-71.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.