Minimizing the Probability of Lifetime Ruin under Stochastic Volatility
AbstractWe assume that an individual invests in a financial market with one riskless and one risky asset, with the latter's price following a diffusion with stochastic volatility. In the current financial market especially, it is important to include stochastic volatility in the risky asset's price process. Given the rate of consumption, we find the optimal investment strategy for the individual who wishes to minimize the probability of going bankrupt. To solve this minimization problem, we use techniques from stochastic optimal control.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1003.4216.
Date of creation: Mar 2010
Date of revision: May 2011
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-28 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2008. "Minimizing the Probability of Ruin when Consumption is Ratcheted," Papers 0806.2358, arXiv.org.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2007. "Minimizing the Probability of Lifetime Ruin under Borrowing Constraints," Papers math/0703850, arXiv.org.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2007. "Correspondence between Lifetime Minimum Wealth and Utility of Consumption," Papers math/0703820, arXiv.org.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Young, Virginia R., 2007. "Minimizing the probability of lifetime ruin under borrowing constraints," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 196-221, July.
- Wang, Ting & Young, Virginia R., 2012. "Maximizing the utility of consumption with commutable life annuities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 352-369.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.