Global existence, regularity and a probabilistic scheme for a class of ultraparabolic Cauchy problems
AbstractIn this paper we establish a constructive method in order to show global existence and regularity for a class of degenerate parabolic Cauchy problems which satisfy a weak Hoermander condition on a subset of the domain where the data are measurable and which have regular data on the complementary set of the domain. This result has practical incentives related to the computation of Greeks in reduced LIBOR market models, which are standard computable approximations of the HJM-description of interest rate markets. The method leads to a probabilistic scheme for the computation of the value function and its sensitivities based on Malliavin calculus. From a practical perspective the main contribution of the paper is an Monte-Carlo algorithm which includes weight corrections for paths which move in time into a region where a (weak) Hoermander condition holds.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1002.5031.
Date of creation: Feb 2010
Date of revision: Oct 2012
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dalton,Bill, 2008. "Financial Products," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521682220, October.
- Nicolas Merener & Paul Glasserman, 2003. "Numerical solution of jump-diffusion LIBOR market models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-27.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521863582 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jérôme Detemple & René Garcia & Marcel Rindisbacher, 2005. "Asymptotic Properties of Monte Carlo Estimators of Derivatives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(11), pages 1657-1675, November.
- Farshid Jamshidian, 1997. "LIBOR and swap market models and measures (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 293-330.
- Raoul Pietersz & Antoon Pelsser & Marcel van Regenmortel, 2005. "Fast drift approximated pricing in the BGM model," Finance 0502005, EconWPA.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 2002. "Monte Carlo valuation of American options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 271-286.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.