Asymptotic behavior of prices of path dependent options
AbstractIn this paper, we give a numerical method for pricing long maturity, path dependent options by using the Markov property for each underlying asset. This enables us to approximate a path dependent option by using some kinds of plain vanillas. We give some examples whose underlying assets behave as some popular Levy processes. Moreover, we give some payoffs and functions used to approximate them.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 0911.5579.
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuji Hishida & Kenji Yasutomi, 2005. "On the asymptotic behavior of the prices of Asian options," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 289-306, December.
- Hans-Peter Bermin, 2000. "Hedging lookback and partial lookback options using Malliavin calculus," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 75-100.
- N. Hilber & N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2009. "Numerical methods for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 471-500, September.
- Hélyette Geman & Marc Yor, 1993. "Bessel Processes, Asian Options, And Perpetuities," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 349-375.
- Grant Armstrong, 2001. "Valuation formulae for window barrier options," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 197-208.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Hans-Peter Bermin, 2002. "A General Approach to Hedging Options: Applications to Barrier and Partial Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 199-218.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.