Utility maximization in models with conditionally independent increments
AbstractWe consider the problem of maximizing expected utility from terminal wealth in models with stochastic factors. Using martingale methods and a conditioning argument, we determine the optimal strategy for power utility under the assumption that the increments of the asset price are independent conditionally on the factor process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 0911.3608.
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geman, Hélyette & Carr, Peter & Madan, Dilip B. & Yor, Marc, 2003. "Stochastic Volatility for Levy Processes," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1392, Paris Dauphine University.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Kim, Tong Suk & Omberg, Edward, 1996. "Dynamic Nonmyopic Portfolio Behavior," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 141-61.
- Kristin Reikvam & Fred Espen Benth & Kenneth Hvistendahl Karlsen, 2001. "Optimal portfolio selection with consumption and nonlinear integro-differential equations with gradient constraint: A viscosity solution approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 275-303.
- Jan Kallsen & Christoph Kühn, 2004. "Pricing derivatives of American and game type in incomplete markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 261-284, 05.
- Jun Liu, 2007. "Portfolio Selection in Stochastic Environments," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(1), pages 1-39, January.
- Thaleia Zariphopoulou, 2001. "A solution approach to valuation with unhedgeable risks," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 61-82.
- Holger Kraft, 2005. "Optimal portfolios and Heston's stochastic volatility model: an explicit solution for power utility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 303-313.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-57, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.