Full rank rational demand systems
AbstractWe extend the set of full rank nominal and deflated income demand systems to rational demand systems of any rank and present a unifying expression for the indirect preferences of all full rank demand models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy in its series CUDARE Working Paper Series with number 1021.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 207 Giannini Hall #3310, Berkeley, CA 94720-3310
Phone: (510) 642-3345
Fax: (510) 643-8911
Web page: http://areweb.berkeley.edu/library/Main/CUDARE
More information through EDIRC
Postal: University of California, Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics Library, 248 Giannini Hall #3310, Berkeley CA 94720-3310
Other versions of this item:
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T & Pope, Rulon D., 2006. "Full Rank Rational Demand Systems," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt8qx7n6p9, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cragg, John G. & Donald, Stephen G., 1997. "Inferring the rank of a matrix," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 223-250.
- Jerison,Michael, 1993.
"Russel on Gorman`s Engel curves: A correction,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
412, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Chalfant, James A, 1987. "A Globally Flexible, Almost Ideal Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 233-42, April.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1981. "On the bias in flexible functional forms and an essentially unbiased form : The fourier flexible form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-245, February.
- Howe, Howard & Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Theory and Time Series Estimation of the Quadratic Expenditure System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1231-47, September.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-83, June.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & Gallant, A Ronald & Souza, Geraldo, 1983. "An Elasticity Can Be Estimated Consistently without A Priori Knowledge of Functional Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1731-51, November.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Barnett, William A. & Lee, Yul W. & Wolfe, Michael D., 1985. "The three-dimensional global properties of the minflex laurent, generalized leontief, and translog flexible functional forms," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 3-31.
- Chalfant, James A. & Gallant, A. Ronald, 1985. "Estimating substitution elasticities with the Fourier cost function : Some Monte Carlo results," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 205-222, May.
- Russel J. Cooper & Keith R. McLaren, 1992. "An Empirically Oriented Demand System with Improved Regularity Properties," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 652-68, August.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 2008.
"The structure of US food demand,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 336-349, December.
- Jeffrey LaFrance & Rulon Pope, 2008. "The Generalized Quadratic Expenditure System," Working Papers 2008-27, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Eldon V. Ball & Ricardo Cavazos & Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Rulon Pope & Jesse Tack, 2010. "Aggregation and Arbitrage in Joint Production," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-22, Monash University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeff Cole).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.