Are GCC Countries Ready for Currency Union?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center in its series API-Working Paper Series with number 0203.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2002-10-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2002-10-23 (International Finance)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Sturm & Nikolaus Siegfried, 2005. "Regional monetary integration in the member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council," Occasional Paper Series 31, European Central Bank.
- John Hawkins & Paul Masson, 2003. "Economic aspects of regional currency areas and the use of foreign currencies," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Regional currency areas and the use of foreign currencies, volume 17, pages 4-42 Bank for International Settlements.
- Aamer S. Abu-Qarn & Suleiman Abu-Bader, 2008.
"On the Optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends, and Common Cycles Evidence,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 612-630, 05.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2006. "On the optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends and Common Cycles Evidence," MPRA Paper 971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer Abu-Qarn, 2006. "On the Optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends and Common Cycles Evidence," Working Papers 225, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Grace H.Y., 2011. "Gold dinar for the Islamic countries?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1573-1586, July.
- Louis, Rosmy & Osman, Mohammad & Balli, FAruk, 2007. "On The Road to Monetary Union – Do Arab Gulf Cooperation Council Economies React in the same way to United States' Monetary Policy Shocks?," MPRA Paper 11610, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- Louis, Rosmy & Balli, Faruk & Osman, Mohammad, 2008. "Monetary Union Among Arab Gulf Cooperation Council (AGCC) Countries: Does the symmetry of shocks extend to the non-oil sector?," MPRA Paper 11611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katrin Elborgh-Woytek & Julian Berengaut, 2006. "Beauty Queens and Wallflowers--Currency Unions in the Middle East and Central Asia," IMF Working Papers 06/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Atef Saad Alshehry & Sarra Ben Slimane, 2013. "On the Optimality of GCC Monetary Union: Asymmetric Shocks Assessments," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 49-62, February.
- Ahmed AlKholifey & Ali Alreshan, 2010. "GCC monetary union," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the SARB/IFC seminar on "Economic and financial convergence en route to regional economic integration: experience, prospects and statis, volume 32, pages 17-51 Bank for International Settlements.
- Rosmy Jean Louis & Faruk Balli & Mohamed Osman, 2012.
"On the choice of an anchor for the GCC currency: does the symmetry of shocks extend to both the oil and the non-oil sectors?,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 83-110, March.
- Jean Louis, Rosmy & Balli, Faruk & Osman, Mohamed, 2010. "On the choice of an anchor for the GCC currency: does the symmetry of shocks extend to both the oil and the non-oil sectors," MPRA Paper 38056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A Salim, Ruhu & Mahfuz Kabir, Mohammad, 2011. "Does More Trade Potential Remain in Arab States of the Gulf ?," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 26, pages 217-243.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.