The risk constrained cash-in-transit vehicle routing problem with time windows
AbstractThis paper proposes a variant of the Vehicle Routing Problem in which a particular kind of risk constraint has been introduced to model the problem of routing vehicles in the cash-in-transit industry and a hard time window constraint, with no waiting times, delimits the customer's visit within a specified time interval. Two metaheuristic algorithms have been developed to cope with medium and large instances of the problem. In a computational experiment, the best parameter settings for each algorithm are determined. The resulting metaheuristics are compared, in their best possible setting, solving some benchmark instances for the capacitated vehicle routing problem with time windows.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2013012.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
Vehicle routing; Risk; Security; Cash-in-transit; Metaheuristic;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2013-07-28 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2013-07-28 (Transport Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- TALARICO, Luca & SÖRENSEN, Kenneth & SPRINGAEL, Johan, 2013. "Metaheuristics for the risk-constrained cash-in-transit vehicle routing problem," Working Papers 2013005, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- G. B. Dantzig & J. H. Ramser, 1959. "The Truck Dispatching Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 80-91, October.
- Zografos, Konstantinos G. & Androutsopoulos, Konstantinos N., 2004. "A heuristic algorithm for solving hazardous materials distribution problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(2), pages 507-519, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.