A simple GRASP+VND for the travelling salesperson problem with hotel selection
AbstractIn this paper, we present a new metaheuristic solution procedure for the travelling salesperson problem with hotel selection (TSPHS). We develop a simple but powerful metaheuristic for the TSPHS. On the existing benchmark instances for which an optimal solution is known, it obtains 27 out of 28 known optimal solutions. For the other instances, it obtains several new best known solutions. This heuristic clearly outperforms the only existing heuristic in the literature.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2012024.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-11-11 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2012-11-11 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angelelli, Enrico & Grazia Speranza, Maria, 2002. "The periodic vehicle routing problem with intermediate facilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 233-247, March.
- Crevier, Benoit & Cordeau, Jean-Francois & Laporte, Gilbert, 2007. "The multi-depot vehicle routing problem with inter-depot routes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(2), pages 756-773, January.
- Hansen, Pierre & Mladenovic, Nenad, 2001. "Variable neighborhood search: Principles and applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 449-467, May.
- Bektas, Tolga, 2006. "The multiple traveling salesman problem: an overview of formulations and solution procedures," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 209-219, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.