Update formulas for split-plot and block designs
AbstractFor the algorithmic construction of optimal experimental designs, it is important to be able to evaluate small modifications of given designs in terms of the optimality criteria at a low computational cost. In this article, we propose update formulas for evaluating the impact of changes to the levels of easy-to-change factors and hard-to-change factors in split-plot designs as well as the impact of a swap of points between blocks or whole plots in block designs or split-plot designs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2008022.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nguyen, Nam-Ky & Miller, Alan J., 1992. "A review of some exchange algorithms for constructing discrete D-optimal designs," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 489-498, November.
- Jones B. & GOOS, Peter, 2006.
"A candidate-set-free algorithm for generating D-optimal split-plot designs,"
2006006, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Bradley Jones & Peter Goos, 2007. "A candidate-set-free algorithm for generating "D"-optimal split-plot designs," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 56(3), pages 347-364.
- Nguyen, Nam-Ky & Liu, Min-Qian, 2008. "An algorithmic approach to constructing mixed-level orthogonal and near-orthogonal arrays," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5269-5276, August.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2008. "Optimal designs for conjoint experiments," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2369-2387, January.
- J. A. John & D. Whitaker, 2000. "Recursive formulae for the average efficiency factor in block and row-column designs," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(3), pages 575-583.
- Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2001. "-optimal response surface designs in the presence of random block effects," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 433-453, October.
- JONES, Bradley & GOOS, Peter, 2012. "I-optimal versus D-optimal split-plot response surface designs," Working Papers 2012002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- PALHAZI CUERVO, Daniel & GOOS, Peter & SÖRENSEN, Kenneth, 2013. "An iterated local search algorithm for the construction of large scale D-optimal experimental designs," Working Papers 2013006, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.