A copula test space model: How to avoid the wrong copula choice
AbstractWe introduce and discuss the test space problem as a part of the whole copula fitting process. In particular, we explain how an efficient copula test space can be constructed by taking into account information about the existing dependence. Although our model is developed in a bivariate environment it can be used for higher dimensional copula fitting applications. This is shown on the 3 dimensional dependence structure of an illustrative porfolio containing the S&P 500 Composite Index, the JP Morgan Government Bond Index and the NAREIT All index.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2007027.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
Copula; Kendall’s ?; Goodness-of-fit;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koedijk, Kees & Kole, Erik & Verbeek, Marno, 2006.
"Selecting Copulas for Risk Management,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5652, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert T. Clemen & Terence Reilly, 1999. "Correlations and Copulas for Decision and Risk Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(2), pages 208-224, February.
- Bouye, Eric & Durlleman, Valdo & Nikeghbali, Ashkan & Riboulet, Gaël & Roncalli, Thierry, 2000. "Copulas for finance," MPRA Paper 37359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frederik Michiels & Ann De Schepper, 2012. "How to improve the fit of Archimedean copulas by means of transforms," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 345-355, May.
- George Messinis, 2009. "Earnings and Languages in the Family: Second-Generation Australians," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(s1), pages S59-S73, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.