Monetary policy in the Euro-Area: An analysis using a stylized new-Keynesian model
AbstractThis paper analyses monetary policy in the Euro-Area using a stylized new-Keynesian model. A number of issues are focused upon: (i) optimal monetary policy under commitment and discretion, (ii) a comparison of optimal monetary policies and ad-hoc monetary policies, (iii) the effects of fiscal policies and foreign variables on monetary policy in the model. Using numerical simulations, it is analyzed how these aspects affect monetary policy of the ECB in particular and macro economic fluctuations in the Euro-Area in general.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2005032.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
EMU; Fiscal policy; Monetary policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-02-26 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2006-02-26 (European Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2006-02-26 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2006-02-26 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-02-26 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliver Grimm & Stefan Ried, 2007.
"Macroeconomic Policy in a Heterogeneous Monetary Union,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
07/67, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Oliver Grimm & Stefan Ried, 2007. "Macroeconomic Policy in a Heterogeneous Monetary Union," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-028, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Siok Kun, Sek, 2009. "The impacts of economic structures on the performance of simple policy rules in a small open economy," MPRA Paper 25065, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.