Modelling the Impact of 2003 CAP Reform on Crop Production. The Case of Durum Wheat in Italy
AbstractThis paper aims to summarize some of the major results emerging from simulating the impact of the CAP reform (the so-called Fischler Reform or Luxembourg Agreement, LA) within the AG-MEMOD model of the agri-food sector in Italy. The paper shows in detail how the model generates impacts when alternative policy scenarios (Agenda 2000 vs. LA) are specified. As major evidence of this impact in the Italian case, the crop sector is dealt with in detail. In particular, the case of supplementary payments for durum wheat clarifies how the reform may specifically affect Mediterranean agriculture and how alternative specifications of the regime change in durum wheat support may relevantly affect the impact.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali in its series Working Papers with number 232.
Date of creation: Apr 2005
Date of revision:
commodity market models; common agricultural policy; italian agriculture;
Other versions of this item:
- Esposti, Roberto & Lobianco, Antonello, 2005. "Modelling the Impact of 2003 CAP Reform on Crop Production: The case of Durum Wheat in Italy," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), January.
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benjamin, Catherine & Gueguen, Chantal & Houee, Magalie, 2003. "World Cereals Markets Under Alternative Common Agricultural Policy Reforms," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25913, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- van Tongeren, Frank & van Meijl, Hans & Surry, Yves, 2001. "Global models applied to agricultural and trade policies: a review and assessment," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 149-172, November.
- Joe Dewbre & Jes�s Ant�n & Wyatt Thompton, 2001. "The Transfer Efficiency and Trade Effects of Direct Payments," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1204-1214.
- Listorti, Giulia & Esposti, Roberto, 2008. "Making the world market price endogenous within the AGMEMOD modelling framework: an econometric solution," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6659, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Renato BALDUCCI, 2005. "Public Expenditure and Economic Growth. A critical extension of Barro's (1990) model," Working Papers 240, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Andrea BONFIGLIO, 2008. "Evaluating Implications of Agricultural Policies in a Rural Region through a CGE Analysis," Working Papers 328, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Gracia, Azucena & de Magistris, Tiziana & Casado, Jose Maria, 2008. "The Effect Of The New Single Farm Payment In Irrigated Agriculture: The Case Of Spain," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6590, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Roberto ESPOSTI & Pierpaolo PIERANI, 2005. "Price, Private Demand and Optimal Provision of Public R&D in Italian Agriculture," Working Papers 238, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurizio Mariotti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.