Analyse Contrefactuelle de l’Article 55 de la Loi SRU sur la Production de Logements Sociaux
AbstractThis study concerns Article 55 of the SRU law which requires certain municipalities in pain of financial penalties to have more than 20 housing. We develop in this evaluation an innovative methodology to measure the incentive of the Law on the actual production of housing. We confront our strategy to classical counterfactual methods (Differences in differences; changes in changes). Using only past information on production of social housing to build counterfactual distribution, we show that our strategy is based on less restrictive assumptions and more likely to be checked for consistency indirect methods as competitors. In particular, the advantage of this method is not to assume a condition of support, which could not be verified in the case. All measures contribute to an positive impact but small. For a quadrennial production gain is estimated at 0.35 additional percentage point or even more than 40 housing for a city of 20.000 inhabitants.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France in its series AMSE Working Papers with number 1305.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision: Feb 2013
counterfactual analysis; public housing; public policy evaluation; article 55 SRU law.;
Other versions of this item:
- Pierre-Henri Bono & Russell Davidson & Alain Trannoy, 2012. "Analyse Contrefactuelle de l'Article 55 de la Loi SRU sur la Production de Logements Sociaux," Working Papers halshs-00796192, HAL.
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
- C54 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Quantitative Policy Modeling
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laurent Gobillon & Benjamin Vignolles, 2014. "Evaluation de l'effet d'une politique spatialisée d'accès au logement : la loi Solidarité et Renouvellement Urbain (SRU)," PSE Working Papers halshs-01013384, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yves Doazan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.