Rural credit cooperatives in spain (1890‐1935): a good start was not enough
AbstractThe spread of agrarian credit cooperativism in Spain (1890‐1934) was done under a variety of ideological and economic orientations. This article focuses on the construction of a few tools and indicators to explain the characteristics of agricultural credit cooperatives. An analysis of financial operations of rural savings banks is related with socio‐political aspects that influenced their development; this analysis helps us to explain the relative success of German credit cooperative models adopted in the context of Spanish agriculture, as happened on European periphery.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asociación Española de Historia Económica in its series Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) with number 1001.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Agrarian credit cooperativism; rural savings banks; denominational movement.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
- N53 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-02-27 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2010-02-27 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margarita Vilar Rodríguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.