Political Economy of Agricultural Distortions: The Literature to Date
AbstractThe 1980s and first half of the 1990s were a very active period in the field of political economy of agricultural protection. While the past decade has witnessed a slowdown in this area, there have been very important developments on political economy in other parts of the economics profession. This paper reviews key new insights and developments in the general political economy literature and draws implications for the study of the political economy of distortions to agricultural incentives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank in its series Agricultural Distortions Working Paper with number 50308.
Date of creation: May 2009
Date of revision:
Distorted incentives; agricultural and trade policy reforms; national agricultural development; Political economy; agricultural distortions; high-income countries; developing countries; Agricultural and Food Policy; International Relations/Trade; F13; F14; Q17; Q18; N50; O13; P16; P26;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- N50 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- P26 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Political Economy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-07-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2009-07-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-POL-2009-07-03 (Positive Political Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siudek, Tomasz & Zawojska, Aldona, 2011. "Relationship of Development and Fiscal Indicators with Agricultural Producer Support in the OECD Economies," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 116009, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alessandro Olper & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2009.
"Mass Media and Public Policy:Global Evidence from Agricultural Policies,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
23209, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Olper, Alessandro & Swinnen, Jo, 2009. "Mass media and public policy: global evidence from agricultural policies," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/222240, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Olper, Alessandro & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Mass Media and Public Policy: Global Evidence from Agricultural Policies," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51694, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Olper, Alessandro & Swinnen, Johan, 2013. "Mass media and public policy : global evidence from agricultural policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6362, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.