Easy winnings? The economics of carbon sequestration in agricultural soils
AbstractThis paper has been published in a peer-reviewed journal as: Kragt, M.E., Pannell, D.J., Robertson, M.J. & Thamo, T. (2012) Assessing costs of soil carbon sequestration by crop-livestock farmers in Western Australia, Agricultural Systems, 112: 27-37. DOI: 10.1016/j.agsy.2012.06.005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics in its series Working Papers with number 109247.
Date of creation: 15 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
APSIM; Bioeconomic Modelling; Carbon Farming; Climate Change Mitigation; MIDAS; Soil Carbon Sequestration; Agricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Farm Management;
Other versions of this item:
- Kragt, Marit Ellen & Pannell, David J. & Robertson, Michael J., 2011. "Easy winnings? The economics of carbon sequestration in agricultural soils," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100575, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-08-02 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-08-02 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O'Connell, Michael & Young, John & Kingwell, Ross, 2006. "The economic value of saltland pastures in a mixed farming system in Western Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 371-389, September.
- Douglas J. Miller, 1999. "An Econometric Analysis of the Costs of Sequestering Carbon in Forests," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 812-824.
- Tschakert, Petra, 2004. "The costs of soil carbon sequestration: an economic analysis for small-scale farming systems in Senegal," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 227-253, September.
- Bathgate, Andrew & Pannell, David J., 2002. "Economics of deep-rooted perennials in western Australia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 117-132, February.
- Diagana, Bocar & Antle, John & Stoorvogel, Jetse & Gray, Kara, 2007. "Economic potential for soil carbon sequestration in the Nioro region of Senegal's Peanut Basin," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 26-37, April.
- James Manley & G. Cornelis van Kooten & Klaus Moeltner & Dale Johnson, 2003. "Creating Carbon Offsets in Agriculture through No-Till Cultivation: A Meta-Analysis of Costs and Carbon Benefits," Working Papers 2003-05, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Flugge, Felicity & Schilizzi, Steven, 2005. "Greenhouse gas abatement policies and the value of carbon sinks: Do grazing and cropping systems have different destinies?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 584-598, December.
- Monjardino, Marta & Revell, Dean & Pannell, David J., 2009.
"The potential contribution of forage shrubs to economic returns and environmental management in Australian dryland agricultural systems,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51537, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Monjardino, Marta & Revell, Dean & Pannell, David J., 2010. "The potential contribution of forage shrubs to economic returns and environmental management in Australian dryland agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(4), pages 187-197, May.
- Dustin L. Pendell & Jeffery R. Williams & Scott B. Boyles & Charles W. Rice & Richard G. Nelson, 2007. "Soil Carbon Sequestration Strategies with Alternative Tillage and Nitrogen Sources under Risk," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 247-268.
- Lyubov Kurkalova & Catherine Kling & Jinhua Zhao, 2006.
"Green Subsidies in Agriculture: Estimating the Adoption Costs of Conservation Tillage from Observed Behavior,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(2), pages 247-267, 06.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Zhao, Jinhua, 2006. "Green Subsidies in Agriculture: Estimating the Adoption Costs of Conservation Tillage from Observed Behavior," Staff General Research Papers 12344, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David J. Pannell, 2006. "Flat Earth Economics: The Far-reaching Consequences of Flat Payoff Functions in Economic Decision Making," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(4), pages 553-566.
- Ludwig, Fulco & Asseng, Senthold, 2006. "Climate change impacts on wheat production in a Mediterranean environment in Western Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-3), pages 159-179, October.
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan M. & Mooney, Sian & Elliott, Edward T. & Paustian, Keith H., 2001. "Economic Analysis Of Agricultural Soil Carbon Sequestration: An Integrated Assessment Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Andrew J. Plantinga & JunJie Wu, 2003. "Co-Benefits from Carbon Sequestration in Forests: Evaluating Reductions in Agricultural Externalities from an Afforestation Policy in Wisconsin," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 79(1), pages 74-85.
- Gibson, Lauren & Kingwell, Ross & Doole, Graeme, 2008. "The role and value of eastern star clover in managing herbicide-resistant crop weeds: A whole-farm analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 199-207, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.