The Impact of Minimum Wage Increases on Food and Kindred Products Prices: An Analysis of Price Pass-Through
AbstractAn input-output model is used to analyze price pass-through effects of a minimum wage increase on prices of the food and kindred products and food-service industries. These sectors employ a disproportionate share of minimum wage workers, but results suggest a $0.50 increase in the present minimum wage would increase food prices less than 1 percent for most of the 12 food and kindred products prices and 1 percent at eating and drinking places.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service in its series Technical Bulletins with number 33553.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1400 Independence Ave.,SW, Mail Stop 1800, Washington, DC 20250-1800
Web page: http://www.ers.usda.gov/
More information through EDIRC
minimum wage; input-output analysis; food and kindred products industries; eating and drinking places; Demand and Price Analysis; Labor and Human Capital;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James M. MacDonald & Daniel Aaronson, 2000. "How do retail prices react to minimum wage increases?," Working Paper Series WP-00-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Denis FOUGERE & Erwan GAUTIER & Hervé LE BIHAN, 2009.
"Restaurant Prices and the Minimum Wage,"
2009-13, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Fougère, Denis & Gautier, Erwan & Le Bihan, Hervé, 2009. "Restaurant Prices and the Minimum Wage," IZA Discussion Papers 4070, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fougère, Denis & Gautier, Erwan & Le Bihan, Hervé, 2008. "Restaurant Prices and the Minimum Wage," CEPR Discussion Papers 6892, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fougere, Denis & Gautier, Erwan & Le Bihan, Herve, 2008. "Restaurant Prices And The Minimum Wage," Working Papers 44084, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Fougère, D. & Gautier, E. & Le Bihan, H., 2008. "Restaurant Prices and the Minimum Wage," Working papers 216, Banque de France.
- Lee, Chinkook & Schluter, Gerald E. & O'Roark, Brian, 2000. "How Much Would Increasing the Minimum Wage Affect Food Prices?," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33598, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.