A Dynamic Count Data Analysis of University Ag-Biotech Patents
AbstractThis paper examines the factors that account for ag-biotech patenting success among universities using a dynamic count data model. It builds a theoretical and econometric model to capture the inherently dynamic and nonlinear process of technological innovation, wherein a feedback mechanism from previous success partially determines current patent counts. The econometric estimates reveal the importance to ag-biotech patent production of land grant infrastructure, quality faculty, state and institutional funding, patent-oriented technology transfer offices, as well as dynamic feedback effects.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center in its series Research Reports with number 25230.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1376 Storrs Road, Unit 4021, Storrs, CT 06269-4021
Phone: (860) 486-1927
Fax: (860) 486-2461
Web page: http://www.fmpc.uconn.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blundell, Richard & Griffith, Rachel & van Reenen, John, 1999. "Market Share, Market Value and Innovation in a Panel of British Manufacturing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 529-54, July.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Lapan, Harvey E., 1997.
"Intellectual Property Rights and the Welfare Effects of Agricultural R & D,"
Staff General Research Papers
5048, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Giancarlo Moschini & Harvey Lapan, 1997. "Intellectual Property Rights and the Welfare Effects of Agricultural R&D," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1229-1242.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Lapan, Harvey E., 1999. "Intellectual Property Rights and the Welfare Effects of Agricultural R&D," Staff General Research Papers 1735, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Julian M. Alston & Philip G. Pardey & Jennifer S. James & Matthew A. Anderson, 2009. "The Economics of Agricultural R&D," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 537-566, 09.
- Branco Ponomariov, 2008. "Effects of university characteristics on scientists’ interactions with the private sector: an exploratory assessment," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(5), pages 485-503, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.