Continuing Concentration in Food Industries Globally: Strategic Challenges to an Unstable Status Quo
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center in its series Research Reports with number 25190.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1376 Storrs Road, Unit 4021, Storrs, CT 06269-4021
Phone: (860) 486-1927
Fax: (860) 486-2461
Web page: http://www.fmpc.uconn.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cotterill, Ronald W. & Franklin, Andrew W. & Ma, Li Yu, 1996. "Measuring Market Power Effects in Differentiated Product Industries: An Application to the Soft Drink Industry," Research Reports 25229, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Cotterill, Ronald W. & Haller, Lawrence E., 1997. "An Econometric Analysis of the Demand for RTE Cereal: Product Market Definition and Unilateral Market Power Effects," Research Reports 25218, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Joseph J. Spengler, 1950. "Vertical Integration and Antitrust Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 347.
- Ronald W. Cotterill & Andrew W. Franklin & Li Yu Ma, 1996. "Measuring Market Power Effects in Differentiated Product Industries: An Application to the Soft Drink Industry," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 032, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Gerstner, Eitan & Hess, James D, 1991. "A Theory of Channel Price Promotions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 872-86, September.
- Langan, Glenn E. & Cotterill, Ronald W., 1994. "Estimating Brand Level Demand Elasticities and Measuring Market Power for Regular Carbonated Soft Drinks," Working Papers 116168, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Cotterill, Ronald W., 1999. "An Antitrust Economic Analysis of the Proposed Acquisition of Supermarkets General Holdings Corporation be Ahold Acquisition Inc," Research Reports 25219, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- John M. Connor, 2003. "The Changing Structure Of Global Food Markets: Dimensions, Effects, And Policy Implications," Working Papers 03-02, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- McCorriston, Steve & Sexton, Richard J. & Sheldon, Ian M., 2005. "Vertical Market Structure, Commodity Exports and Trade Reform," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24754, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sexton, Richard J. & Sheldon, Ian M. & McCorriston, Steve & Wang, Humei, 2004. "Analyzing Vertical Market Structure And Its Implications For Trade Liberalization," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20060, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Neil Wrigley, 2001. "The consolidation wave in U.S. food retailing: A European perspective," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 489-513.
- Steve McCorriston, 2002. "Why should imperfect competition matter to agricultural economists?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 29(3), pages 349-371, July.
- Jan Fałkowski, 2008. "Vertical coordination from the angle of farmer loyalty and access to credit. Evidence from the Polish dairy sector," Working Papers 2008-01, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 2006. "Revisiting the revisited terms of trade: Will China make a difference?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 981-995, June.
- McCorriston, Steve & Sheldon, Ian M., 2004. "Tariff Escalation And The Developing Countries: How Can Market Access Be Improved In The Doha Round Of Trade Negotiations?," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20156, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009.
"Market Power and Rents in Global Supply Chains,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
53213, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.