Exploring Options for a New Farm Bill
AbstractMembers of the House Agriculture Committee have indicated an interest in rewriting the farm bill in 2001 (The Food and Fiber Letter). Pressure to rewrite the farm bill a year before it expires comes in part from the perception that the current farm bill does not provide adequate downside protection for farm income. A symptom of this problem is the fact that Congress has passed substantial assistance packages to supplement farmers’ incomes in each of the past three years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center in its series Working Papers with number 42782.
Date of creation: Jan 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 450 Blocker Building, 2124 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-2124
Phone: (979) 845-5913
Fax: (979) 845-3140
Web page: http://www.afpc.tamu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Agricultural and Food Policy;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richardson, James W. & Klose, Steven L. & Gray, Allan W., 2000. "An Applied Procedure For Estimating And Simulating Multivariate Empirical (Mve) Probability Distributions In Farm-Level Risk Assessment And Policy Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(02), August.
- repec:jaa:jagape:v:32:y:2000:i:2:p:299-315 is not listed on IDEAS
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Beghin, John C. & Mohanty, Samarendu & Fuller, Frank H. & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Kaus, Phillip J. & Fang, Cheng & Hart, Chad E. & Kovarik, Karen & Womack, Abner W. & Young, Robert E, 2000. "FAPRI 2000 U.S. Agricultural Outlook," Staff Reports 32054, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI).
- Anonymous, 2002. "Cimmyt 2000-2001 World Wheat Overview And Outlook: Developing No-Till Packages For Small-Scale Farmers," Facts and Trends/Overview and Outlook 23725, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Schumann, Keith D. & Feldman, Paul A. & Richardson, James W. & Smith, Edward G., 2001. "Comparison of Alternative Safety Net Programs for the 2000 Farm Bill," Working Papers 42781, Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center.
- Richardson, James W. & Klose, Steven L. & Smith, Edward G., 2001. "Counter-Cyclical Farm Safety Nets," Policy Issues Papers 42779, Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.