Off-Farm Work And The Adoption Of Herbicide-Tolerant Soybeans
AbstractAdoption of herbicide-tolerant (HT) soybeans is proceeding rapidly despite little difference between the net returns to HT versus conventional soybeans. Using a multivariate probit model, we analyze the interaction of off-farm work and adoption and test if farmers adopt HT soybeans because its simplicity and flexibility frees management time.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama with number 35133.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Biotechnology; herbicide-tolerant soybeans; technology adoption; off-farm work; household models; Crop Production/Industries;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Geweke & Michael Keane & David Runkle, 1994.
"Alternative computational approaches to inference in the multinomial probit model,"
170, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David, 1994. "Alternative Computational Approaches to Inference in the Multinomial Probit Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 609-32, November.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & McBride, William D., 2002. "Adoption Of Bioengineered Crops," Agricultural Economics Reports 33957, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Huffman, Wallace E, 1980.
"Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 14-23, February.
- Huffman, Wallace, 1980. "Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital," Staff General Research Papers 10973, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.