Adoption of Conservation-Tillage Practices in Cotton Production
AbstractReplaced with revised version of paper 10/23/07.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama with number 34842.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
conservation tillage; cotton; genetically modified seed; herbicide-resistant cotton; stacked-gene cotton; simultaneous logit model; single-equation logit model; technology adoption; Crop Production/Industries;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bell, Caroline D. & Roberts, Roland K. & English, Burton C. & Park, William M., 1994. "A Logit Analysis Of Participation In Tennessee'S Forest Stewardship Program," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Hisham S. El-Osta & Ashok K. Mishra & Mitchell J. Morehart, 2007. "Determinants of economic well-being among U.S. farm operator households," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(3), pages 291-304, 05.
- JunJie Wu & Bruce A. Babcock, 1998. "The Choice of Tillage, Rotation, and Soil Testing Practices: Economic and Environmental Implications," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 494-511.
- Marra, Michele C. & Carlson, Gerald A., 1987. "The Role Of Farm Size And Resource Constraints In The Choice Between Risky Technologies," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 12(02), December.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & McBride, William D., 2002. "Adoption Of Bioengineered Crops," Agricultural Economics Reports 33957, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "IVENDOG: Stata module to calculate Durbin-Wu-Hausman endogeneity test after ivreg," Statistical Software Components S494401, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 29 May 2007.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, .
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
_068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995. "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Zhao, Jinhua, 2006.
"Green Subsidies in Agriculture: Estimating the Adoption Costs of Conservation Tillage from Observed Behavior,"
Staff General Research Papers
12344, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lyubov Kurkalova & Catherine Kling & Jinhua Zhao, 2006. "Green Subsidies in Agriculture: Estimating the Adoption Costs of Conservation Tillage from Observed Behavior," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(2), pages 247-267, 06.
- Hisham El-Osta & Ashok Mishra & Mary Ahearn, 2004. "Labor Supply by Farm Operators Under “Decoupled” Farm Program Payments," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 367-385, 08.
- Baerenklau, Kenneth A. & Knapp, Keith C., 2005. "A Stochastic-Dynamic Model of Costly Reversible Technology Adoption," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19156, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lambert, Dayton M. & Sullivan, Patrick & Claassen, Roger, 2007. "Working Farm Participation and Acreage Enrollment in the Conservation Reserve Program," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 39(01), April.
- Wu, JunJie & Adams, Richard M., 2002. "Micro Versus Macro Acreage Response Models: Does Site-Specific Information Matter?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
- McBride, William D. & El-Osta, Hisham S., 2002. "Impacts Of The Adoption Of Genetically Engineered Crops On Farm Financial Performance," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(01), April.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-12, March.
- Anderson, Soren & Newell, Richard G., 2003.
"Simplified marginal effects in discrete choice models,"
Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 321-326, December.
- Newell, Richard & Anderson, Soren, 2003. "Simplified Marginal Effects in Discrete Choice Models," Discussion Papers dp-03-38, Resources For the Future.
- Meredith J. Soule & Abebayehu Tegene & Keith D. Wiebe, 2000. "Land Tenure and the Adoption of Conservation Practices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 993-1005.
- Langemeier, Michael R., 2005. "Impact of the Adoption of Less Tillage Practices on Overall Efficiency," 2005 Annual Meeting, February 5-9, 2005, Little Rock, Arkansas 35551, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- Obubuafo, Joyce & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Paudel, Krishna P. & Kim, Seon-Ae, 2006. "Knowledge, Application and Adoption of Best Management Practices by Cattle Farmers under the Environmental Quality Incentives Program - A Sequential Analysis," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35307, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.