Risk and Return for Bioenergy Crops under Alternative Contracting Arrangements
AbstractThis study evaluated the potential to supply biomass feedstocks under alternative contract arrangements for a northwest Tennessee 2,400 acre grain farm. The four potential types of contracts analyzed in this study offer different levels of biomass price, yield, and production cost risk sharing between the representative farm and the processor.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas with number 6842.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Farm Management; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dillon, Carl R., 1999. "Production Practice Alternatives For Income And Suitable Field Day Risk Management," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(02), August.
- Kiniry, James R. & Williams, J. R. & Gassman, Philip W. & Debacke, P., 1992. "General, Process-Oriented Model for Two Competing Plant Species (A)," Staff General Research Papers 483, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2007. "The Effects of Uncertainty and Contract Structure in Specialty Grain Markets," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9856, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Hellwinckel, Chad M. & Torre Ugarte, Daniel de la & Walsh, Marie E., 2005. "A Farm-Level Evaluation of Conditions Under Which Farmers Will Supply Biomass Feedstocks for Energy Production," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19161, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bruce A. McCarl & David A. Bessler, 1989.
"Estimating An Upper Bound On The Pratt Risk A Version Coefficient When The Utility Function Is Unknown,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(1), pages 56-63, 04.
- McCarl, Bruce A. & Bessler, David A., 1989. "Estimating An Upper Bound On The Pratt Risk A Version Coefficient When The Utility Function Is Unknown," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(01), April.
- Epplin, Francis M. & Clark, Christopher D. & Roberts, Roland K. & Hwang, Seonghuyk, 2007.
"AJAE Appendix: Challenges to the Development of a Dedicated Energy Crop,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), December.
- Francis M. Epplin & Christopher D. Clark & Roland K. Roberts & Seonghuyk Hwang, 2007. "Challenges to the Development of a Dedicated Energy Crop," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1296-1302.
- Griffith, Andrew P. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & McLemore, Dan L., 2009. "Stochastic Dominance Analysis of Bioenergy Crops as a Production Alternative on an East Tennessee Beef and Crop Farm," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46811, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.