Genetically Modified Crops, an Input Distance Function Approach
AbstractOur initial findings indicate that GM crops do not contribute to the decline of traditional family farms. We make a significant methodological impact by using the within transformation to remove unobserved individual effects and demonstrate that the within transformation results in ML estimates that are identical to OLS estimates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas with number 6800.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Production Economics; Genetically Modified Crops; Distance Function; Stochastic Frontier Analysis; Production Economics; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-12-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2008-12-14 (Efficiency & Productivity)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mundlak, Yair, 1996. "Production Function Estimation: Reviving the Primal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 431-38, March.
- Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman, 2000. "Technical efficiency of European railways: a distance function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(15), pages 1967-1976.
- Hoppe, Robert A. & Perry, Janet E. & Banker, David E., 2000. "ERS Farm Typology for a Diverse Agricultural Sector," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33657, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Bernard, John C. & Pesek, John D., Jr. & Fan, Chunbo, 2004. "Performance Results and Characteristics of Adopters of Genetically Engineered Soybeans in Delaware," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 33(2), October.
- Mundlak, Yair, 2001. "Production and supply," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 3-85 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.