Coffee Differentiation: Demand Analysis at Retail Level in the US Market
AbstractScanned data was used to estimate US coffee demand using an AIDS model. The estimated elasticities have the expected signs and magnitude. Differentiated coffees are complements for regular and unclassified while regular and unclassified coffees are substitutes. These results could be useful in designing marketing strategies by coffee suppliers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama with number 119885.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
demand; coffee; differentiation; Demand and Price Analysis;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-02-08 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2012-02-08 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2012-02-08 (Industrial Organization)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven T. Yen & Biing-Hwan Lin & David M. Smallwood & Margaret Andrews, 2004. "Demand for nonalcoholic beverages: The case of low-income households," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 309-321.
- Houston, Jack E. & Santillan, Manlio & Marlowe, Julia, 2003. "U.S. Demand For Mild Coffees: Implications For Mexican Coffee," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 34(01), March.
- Rakotoarisoa, Manitra A. & Henneberry, Shida Rastegari & Shapouri, Shahla & Trueblood, Michael A., 2003. "The Export Market For Differentiated Processed Agricultural Products: The Role Of Factor Prices And Fixed Costs," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21964, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Zheng, Yuqing & Kaiser, Harry M., 2008. "Advertising and U.S. Nonalcoholic Beverage Demand," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
- Alviola, Pedro A., IV & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Wu, Ximing, 2009. "Micro-Demand Systems Analysis of Non-Alcoholic Beverages in the United States: An Application of Econometric Techniques Dealing With Censoring," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 60462, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.