Causative factors for changes in total factor productivity of Japanese agriculture under the era of climatic uncertainty
AbstractThis study analyzed causative factors on TFP growth in Japanese agriculture. The regression analysis with consideration of correlation between factors demonstrated that without further deregulation for introducing new comers, enlarging farm management area and asset management for keeping public capital, agricultural TFP cannot be improved in the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama with number 119727.
Date of creation: 17 Jan 2012
Date of revision:
fertility of farmland; human factor; scale economies; public capital stock; knowledge capital stock; technological progress; Total Factor Productivity; Agricultural and Food Policy; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis; Public Economics;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2012-02-08 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FDG-2012-02-08 (Financial Development & Growth)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Colin Thirtle & Jenifer Piesse & David Schimmelpfennig, 2008. "Modeling the length and shape of the R&D lag: an application to UK agricultural productivity," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 73-85, 07.
- Jayasuriya, Rohan T., 2003. "Economic assessment of technological change and land degradation in agriculture: application to the Sri Lanka tea sector," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 405-423, December.
- Kuroda, Yoshimi, 1989. "Impacts of economies of scale and technological change on agricultural productivity in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 145-173, June.
- Arega D. Alene, 2010. "Productivity growth and the effects of R&D in African agriculture," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(3-4), pages 223-238, 05.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.