An Analysis Of Marketing Channels Of Local Food In Scotland
AbstractLocal food and its possibilities for addressing sustainable regional growth, food availability, accessibility and affordability has received considerable attention in the discussion on and development of the National Food Policy in Scotland. In terms of methodology, the paper continues the analysis of the local food database for Scotland constructed in Watts et al (2010) by exploring the marketing outlets used by the local food enterprises. This subject is important because it may provide information about the degree of entrepreneurship of the involved firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group in its series Working Papers with number 109409.
Date of creation: Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Local food; Scotland; marketing outlets; Marketing;
Other versions of this item:
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Watts, D. & Leat, Philip M.K., 2010. "An analysis of Marketing Channels of Local Food in Scotland," 116th Seminar, October 27-30, 2010, Parma, Italy 95223, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Watts, D. & Leat, Philip M.K., 2010. "An Analysis Of Marketing Channels Of Local Food In Scotland," Working Papers 109409, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-MKT-2011-08-02 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Watts & Philip Leat & Cesar Revoredo-Giha, 2011. "Local Food Activity in Scotland: Empirical Evidence and Research Agenda," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1187-1205, September.
- Henk Renting & Terry K Marsden & Jo Banks, 2003. "Understanding alternative food networks: exploring the role of short food supply chains in rural development," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(3), pages 393-411, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.