Creating a 2000 IES-LFS Database in Stata
AbstractThe Income and Expenditure Survey of 2000 is the most recent comprehensive source of information on income and expenditure patterns of South African households. This data is used to compile various household-related sub-matrices for a series of Social Accounting Matrices for South Africa. By linking the Labour Force Survey of September 2000, which contains detailed employment data on occupation codes, activity codes and wages of workers, with the Income and Expenditure Survey of 2000 various factor-related sub-matrices can also be extracted. This paper discusses the steps followed to extract data, correct problems and errors where appropriate or necessary, merge various files, and create Stata format data files that can be used to compile the relevant submatrices. The focus remains highly technical throughout.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by PROVIDE Project in its series Technical Paper Series with number 15628.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kalie Pauw & Liberty Mncube, 2007.
"The Impact of Growth and Redistribution on Poverty and Inequality in South Africa,"
7, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Kalie Pauw & Liberty Mncube, 2007. "The Impact of Growth and Redistribution on Poverty and Inequality in South Africa," Working Papers 07126, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Margaret Chitiga & Ramos Mabugu, 2007.
"Is Increased Agricultural Protection Beneficial for South Africa?,"
200717, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mabugu, Ramos & Chitiga, Margaret, 2009. "Is increased agricultural protection beneficial for South Africa?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 256-265, January.
- Pauw, Kalie, 2007. "Agriculture and poverty: Farming for food or farming for money?," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(2), June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.