Cost Sharing for Biodiversity Conservation: A Conceptual Framework
Abstract"Cost Sharing for Biodiversity Conservation: A Conceptual Framework" by Barbara Aretino, Paula Holland, Anna Matysek and Deborah Peterson was released on 11 May 2001, similtaneously with the consultancy report A Duty of Care for the Protection of Biodiversity on Land. The paper discusses the principles for sharing the costs of conservation between individuals, groups and the general community. It illustrates situations in which the different cost sharing principles may be relevant and highlights some issues that arise in determining who should pay for biodiversity conservation. The views expressed in this paper are those of the staff involved and do not necessarily reflect those of the Productivity Commission.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Productivity Commission in its series Staff Research Papers with number 31915.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joël Houdet & Michel Trommetter & Jacques Weber, 2009. "Changing business perceptions regarding biodiversity: from impact mitigation towards new strategies and practices," Working Papers hal-00412875, HAL.
- Hatfield-Dodds, Steve, 2006. "The catchment care principle: A new equity principle for environmental policy, with advantages for efficiency and adaptive governance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 373-385, March.
- Joël Houdet & Charlotte Pavageau & Michel Trommetter & Jacques Weber, 2009. "Accounting for changes in biodiversity and ecosystem services from a business perspective," Working Papers hal-00434450, HAL.
- Byron, Neil Holland & Holland, Paula & Schuele, Michael, 2001. "Constraints on Private Conservation: Some Challenges in Managing Australia's Tropical Rainforests," Conference/Workshop Proceedings 31910, Productivity Commission.
- Yang, Wanhong & Bryan, Brett A. & MacDonald, Darla Hatton & Ward, John R. & Wells, Geoff & Crossman, Neville D. & Connor, Jeffrey D., 2010. "A conservation industry for sustaining natural capital and ecosystem services in agricultural landscapes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 680-689, February.
- Gavan Dwyer & Robert Douglas & Deb Peterson & Jo Chong & Kate Maddern, 2006. "Irrigation externalities: pricing and charges," Staff Working Papers 0603, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Crean, Jason, 2003. "Agri-environmental conservation – the case for an environmental levy," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57856, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.