Constructing a regional Social Accounting Matrix using non survey method for CGE Modeling
AbstractThe Government of Indonesia is committed to cut its emissions by 26% by 2020. In forestry sector, this is done through reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD) program. One of several pilot activities of the REDD Program is the Berau Forest Carbon Program (BFCP) which is located in the Berau District East Kalimantan Indonesia. The Program attempts to generate behavioural changes of the forests stakeholders like forest-dependent community, forestry/logging company and oil palm plantation company to contribute to the emissions reduction, which is formulated in the Program‟s strategies. Changes of these behaviours are reflected in the costs being borne by the relevant forest stakeholders as well as the incentive rewarded for engaging in the programme. This paper focuses on the dataset preparation i.e. the Berau District Social Accounting Matrix for CGE modeling analysis of the above context. A non survey method was employed to generate the regional accounts and was it combined with available data as well as experts‟ estimates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its series 2012 Conference, August 31, 2012, Nelson, New Zealand with number 136049.
Date of creation: Aug 2012
Date of revision:
Demand and Price Analysis; Environmental Economics and Policy; Land Economics/Use;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-11-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-11-24 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2012-11-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-11-24 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2012-11-24 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SEA-2012-11-24 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Randall Jackson, 1998. "Regionalizing National Commodity-by-Industry Accounts," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 223-238.
- Roberto Mínguez & Jan Oosterhaven & Fernando Escobedo, 2009. "Cell-Corrected Ras Method (Cras) For Updating Or Regionalizing An Input-Output Matrix," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 329-348.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.